Excalibur Seasoning Company, LTD. has an opening for a Food Technologist. This full-time position is located in Pekin, Illinois.
Excalibur is fast-becoming the food industry’s preferred meat & seafood seasoning company. Our tantalizing flavors are used by hundreds of customers in all 50 states and 7 countries – everyone from large chain grocers to food processors, from neighborhood meat shops to competitive grillers – they all count on the Legendary Quality & Royal Flavor that only Excalibur products can provide.
Headquartered in Illinois, Excalibur is a family-owned business with more than 33 years to our name. We continue to grow and expand every year because of the dedication and commitment of our employees. With over 90 employees and operating two production shifts, our commitment to quality is well documented. Excalibur has held an SQF, Level 3 certification, now called SQF Certification with Quality Audit, for many years. We are looking for a Food Technologist to be located at our Innovation Center in Pekin, Illinois.
At Excalibur, we afford our employees the opportunity to build lasting careers. We want every member of our team to feel like they make a significant impact on our organization. We work hard to ensure our employees are given every opportunity and available resource to help them succeed. It is because of this dedication, that Excalibur only hires the best, brightest and most driven to join our team.
So, if you want your work to make a difference, if you want to be a part of something special and if you want to be valued for your contributions – then we want to hear from you.
This person will be responsible for providing technical support for product development activities. They will work closely with our Sales and Marketing Team to follow market trends and create competitive products. They will duplicate customer samples and/or develop new products based on customer requests.
- Take new incoming R&D projects from start to finish. Ensure that projects are prioritized and logged chronologically.
- Receive, log, and store product sample submissions, as appropriate.
- Follow established company policies, procedures, and practices.
- Build technical expertise and promote best practices among technical peers.
- Perform daily lab activities to maximize productivity and efficiency.
- Develop or revise new and/or existing formulas for dry blends and liquids.
- Communicate with other departments all changes in product, specifically pertaining to SQF (Safe Quality Food).
- Work with the Purchasing department to source any new ingredients needed to fulfill R&D needs.
- Work closely with the Sales team to ensure all information is current and accurate and the needs of the customer are met.
- Field technical requests from customers.
- Attend any additional training or seminars deemed appropriate.
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
- Degree in Food Science, Meat Science, Food Technology, or a similar discipline preferred.
- Experience in Food Technology R&D and/or Meat Processing is a plus.
- Possess strong communication, relationship building and interpersonal skills.
- Functional understanding of food safety.
- Understanding of ingredient functionality and product formulations.
- Knowledge of food labeling regulations.
- Possess product development skills in ingredient functionality, material selection and formulation to understand effects on finished product performance.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to multi-task.
- Ability to shift priorities.
- Competitive Pay
- Health/Dental/Vision insurance
- 401k Retirement plan with company match
- Group Life Insurance
- Paid vacations and holidays
- Long term disability insurance
- Outstanding corporate culture
- Supportive management structure